Flowers play a very important role in many occasions and ceremonies in Thailand, and weddings are no exception. Thailand’s culture has evidence of quite a huge influence from China, India and Cambodia where flowers also mark various ceremonies. Thailand’s flowers are very beautiful, rich in fragrance and colours. The most popular flowers for weddings in Thailand are the aromatic orchids, the sweet scented jasmine and roses.
During the traditional Thai wedding ceremony, in addition to rings, flower garlands are also exchanged. The groom and bride give each other these garlands and the bride’s parents may also give the couple floral garlands as they bless them. The giving of flowers in a wedding symbolizes the beauty of life and the fragrance of a marriage. Also since flowers are normally very delicate, they also act as reminders of how fragile life is.
Choosing Wedding Flowers in Thailand
With bright and very colorful blooms, plus the world’s finest selection of orchids, everyone looking for the best wedding flowers in Thailand will be spoiled for choice. Sometimes the wide range of options can also be the hindrance to making a decision on which type of flowers to have at your wedding; but not to worry about that because experienced florists are always happy to assist you choose the finest wedding flowers in Bangkok.
Probably the first thing that you need to do is pick out a theme for your wedding. There are many wedding styles to choose from, and the one you settle for will provide you with a fairly good idea on the kind of flowers to go for. The abundance of choice can also be the cause of indecisiveness, and if you do find yourself in such a situation, then simply start with those flowers that have always had a special meaning to you. These should at the very least make you happier on your special day.
Some Favorable Types of Wedding Flowers in Thailand
Flowers are gifts from nature and their beautiful bright colours and sweet scents only make weddings even more memorable. From decorating the venue of the wedding to adorning the bridal bouquets and accessorizing the maids, flowers simply bring weddings to life.
There are many types of flowers to choose from for a wedding in Thailand. From your own preferences to the advice of a wedding planner, you can never go wrong with the choice of flowers for a wedding in Thailand.
Here are some of those flowers, plus the meanings commonly attached to them with regards to weddings:
- Stargazer Lilies – considered simply heavenly.
- Roses – symbolizing love and the happiness in it.
- Gardenias – which appear to say, you are lovely.
- Daisies and Gerberas – that portray faithfulness and purity.
- Carnations – that elaborate a woman’s love and fascination.
- Gladiolus – that signify sincerity.
- Camellias – for good luck and adoration for the groom.
- Jasmines – representing modesty, attachment, love and sensuality.
- Eustomas – that ooze calmness.
- Chrysanthemums – for friendship, truthfulness and cheer.
- Daffodils – proclaiming, you are the one.
- Asters – as symbols of love.
- Sunflowers – for light and pride.
See more at: Community.epicurious.com